speaking of Siva

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at CCO.CALTECH.EDU
Sat Jul 19 21:20:39 CDT 1997

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:

[..]

> It is quite clear that shrI sureshvarAchArya _likens_ shrI sha.nkara to
> Lord shiva at least in the naishhkarmya siddhi. Of course he never calls
> him directly as shiva himself like the mAdhavIya sha.nkara vijayam does.
> But it seems to me the shloka very clearly hints at such an idea.

Thanks, this reference is perfect. I only wanted to see if the germ of the
incarnation idea is present even in Sankara's immediate disciples. And it
seems to be there. The later hagiography just builds on this theme, I
think.

Vidyasankar