Whatever lila wants lila gets

Gregory Goode goode at DPW.COM
Fri Jul 18 14:35:07 CDT 1997

At 12:40 PM 7/18/97 -0500, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:
>PS: Handwaving nonsense like "everything happens spontaneously in
>consciousness" and the usual drivel spouted by some so called gurus is
>probably a surefire way of avoiding frauds. Some may be well
>intentioned, but most probably frauds nevertheless.

Why nonsense?  I'm asking seriously, I find the "everything
happens spontaneously" view persuasive.  Admitting that lines
like this are used irresponsibly as cop-outs by some rascals, frauds
and phonies, do you think this view is truly metaphysical, scriptural
or philosophical nonsense?  Ramana, Nisargadatta, Ramesh Balsekar,
Jean Klein and others see things this way.  If manifestation arises
spontaneously from non-manifestation or Nirguna Brahman, then what
kind of non-spontaneous agency keeps it moving or spinning or dancing
after that point?  And to say that manifestation arises non-spontaneously
entails a circular argument -- some reason or cause or agency is the
non-spontaneous cause of manifestation arising.  But that cause must have
been contained in manifestation.  Therefore circular.

Ordinary theistic views can also result in fraudulence,
e.g., "God TOLD me to have everyone drink this poisonous Kool Aid."