"Does God make mistakes?"

Charles A. Hillig chillig at JETLINK.NET
Thu Jul 10 05:31:34 CDT 1997

At 06:29 PM 7/10/97 +1000, you wrote:
>At 04:06 AM 8/07/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>     The Self "thinks" and the illusory "you" SEEMS to be having the thoughts.
>>
>>     But any so-called conflict is only in the "I" of the beholder.
>
>..........But if a violent thought occurs it comes from the illusion of
>separation. If that comes from the Self in Oneness (impossible) then we may
>as well go to Adolph Hitler for satsang.

     But Martin, how can anything NOT find its origins in the Self?  Where
else would (or could) it be coming from?  The Self is all that there is.

>>     But maybe there is no real "goal" to be arguing about.  For that
>>matter, maybe such arguments are also illusory.  Maybe there's only the Self.
>
>..........Then what are we talking about?

     "You" and "I" are not talking "about" anything simply because "we" are
not really "here'.     Only the Self is truly present..

>"separation?"
>>>
>>>A. There is no separate one. The division is only imagined at particular
>>>points in space and time. The separation is believed.
>>
>>     But, by WHOM?
>
>............The Self. Separation is believed temporarily.

     But, once again, WHO is the believer of this illusory separation?

>>     WHO is there who is going to get rid of this sense of separation.
>
>.............The Self perceives disharmony and in that perception it stops
>automatically.

     Perhaps the Self does not distinguish between harmony and disharmony.
Perhaps such differentiations are left to the illusory ego.

>>>     When I have seen violence, it's always been appropriate for me to try
>>to stop it in any way I can....even though nothing is really "wrong."
>
>...........I would say that at that moment you were more conscious than the
>violent others!

     Was I?  Maybe the next time it will be more appropriate for me to
instigate the so-called "violence."   Who can say?   We seemingly "do" what
we seeming "do."

>>>difference between the "victor" and the "victim."
>>>
>>>A. Before or after the violence?
>>
>>     Actually, at any time.
>
>............The primary belief of difference is before the violence. If
>there was no belief in difference there couldn't be any violence.

     Nor non-violence, for that matter.   Things are as they are.

>>     The thought of separation is still a thought.  But then you still have
>>to deal with the Thinker of this thought.  Who is that?
>
>.............It is the momentum of misperception within the Self.

     The Self has nothing either "within" it or "without" it.

     St. Paul once said, "Outside of God, there is nothing."

>>     To be against anything is to validate its apparent separation.
>
>.............Fair enough. I should say when harmony meets disharmony the
>harmony wins because it is the nature of Oneness.

     Perhaps the Self does not distinguish between harmony and disharmony
nor does It concern Itself with who (or what) is either "winning" or "losing."

>>     If the oneness has always been there, then the problems were never
>>really present either.
>
>..............I can think all soughts of things, and experience problems and
>suffer, or I can realise a line of thought is wrong and stop it. So to with
>the Self.

     You have as much choice in "realizing a line of thought is wrong and
stopping it" as I do in writing these words.

>Regards,
>
>Martin.

                           With Blessings,

                                Chuck Hillig