The Karmas and our destiny

Martin Gifford marting at NSWCC.ORG.AU
Thu Jul 10 04:05:56 CDT 1997

At 02:47 PM 9/07/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Just as avidyA is his who sees it, destiny is also his who lets it control
>him, and will is his who decides to exercise it. If you say, "destiny
>controls my life," you still see avidyA, and I would say in response, "you
>can change your destiny through the use of your will." If you say, "all my
>life is an outcome of my own free will," you still see avidyA, and I would
>say in response, "there is something called destiny too, which monitors
>and regulates your will, so that your will is not all that free after
>all." To both attitudes, I would next say, "both destiny and free will are
>avidyA."

Hi Vidyasankar!

What a fabulous response you gave! Thanks.

Re: the above. I would add that body/mind mechanisms affect each other and
also there are limitations on the physical plane. These automatically imply
and enforce at least some destiny!

For example we create a society and laws hoping that people don't get too
far away from the perspective of the whole or greater good.

Regards,

Martin.