CHANDI HOMA

Anand Hudli Anand_Hudli_at_USININ31 at BMC.BOEHRINGER-MANNHEIM.COM
Mon Jul 7 14:54:01 CDT 1997

   Thank you for a nice account of the ChaNDii Homa. I have a couple of
   questions.

>There 4 main steps. 1. Punyahavachanam 2. Kalasa sthapana 3. Ganapati and
>Navagraha puja and 4. Homam.   Prior to homam it is requitred to recite
>Chandi Kavacham, Argala Stotram, Kilakam, Ratri suktam, Nyasa and mantra
>japa.

  I presume the ChaNDii Kavacha is the same as the devii Kavacha. I have
  not performed the ChaNDii myself, but I have heard that the Ratri suukta
  and the devii suukta of the Rg Veda go together; they must be recited
  one after the other both before and after the ChaNDii paaTha. Is this
  correct?

>After Poornahuti recital must be made of, Devisuktam, Rahasyatrayam, Kali,
>Lakshmi and Saraswati suktam followed by moola mantra japam, puja and arpana.

  Which Veda does the Kaalii suukta come from? I have not heard of this suukta
  before.

  I have heard that the devi aparaadha-kshhamaapaNa stotra has to be
  recited at the end, asking the Goddess to forgive all shortcomings.

  Anand