Still Confusion regarding Shankara’s

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at CCO.CALTECH.EDU
Thu Jan 30 19:41:53 CST 1997

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, egodust wrote:

> Although I tend to side with Vidyasankar's classical advaitic stance,
> I can also understand Cameron's novel attempt to absorb within it the
> differential view of dvaita.  However, the problem is that such debate
> has the tendency to be self-perpetuating, resolving in a stalemate.

I don't mean to be curmudgeonly, but my concern is essentially one of
philosophical rigor. Beyond that I can agree with you that the debate
takes away from the basic metaphysical enquiry. However, debate is not
without its uses for clarifying issues.

Vidyasankar