Agony of the soul (?) etc

Swami Vishvarupananda omkar at GIASDL01.VSNL.NET.IN
Fri Jan 10 05:54:08 CST 1997

> > Look, I cannot show any proof to you of what meditation beyond
intellectual
> > gymnastics means and effects.
>
> In other words I have to take your word for it.  The salient
> characteristic of truth is that it does not depend on any particular
> subject.  What's true for you is also true for me and anyone else who
> comes along.  Truth is independantly verifiable.  But according to you,
> there is no way to verify what meditation is.  I have to take your word
> for it.

:-) No, as with the pain in the arm, you can try on yourself, what it is.

> Actually I don't believe Brahman is ungraspable.  Assuming I experienced
> something, how I know it was Brahman and not some delusion unless I knew
> in advance what Brahman is supposed to be?

Oh, yes, that's fine with me. Just I can promise you, that when your
present limited
identity will vanish into Brahman will be no way mistaking it, simply
because the one who could mistake it will have vanished. Promise.
And I also wish to assure you, that you don't have to take it from me, and
that you don't have to fight for your convictions with so desperate a
strangle hold. No one is
trying to snatch them from you. :-) We are just amicably sharing our own
believes and convictions, which is what this group is for, after all.
(No hard feelings.)

Om and Shanti,

Swami Vishvarupananda