Truth

sadananda sada at ANVIL.NRL.NAVY.MIL
Mon Dec 29 10:00:07 CST 1997

>                                            BRAHMAIVA SATYAM
>
>SADA:
>
>WHY YOU CALL IT ANANDA?   WHY NOT DHUKKAM OR SOME FEELING?
>
>I THOUGHT BRAHMAM IS NIRGUNA? WHY YOU ASCRIBE ANANDA TO HIM/HER
>
>PLEASE TELLME.
>
>                                           NAGY

Nagy out on holidays - just dropped by to pick up my mail.  Happy newyear.

Infiniteness is ananda - Anantameva anandaH - it is not a quatlity. It is
ones intrinsic nature.  sat is chit and chit is ananda.  They are not
gunaas or qualities.  Gunaas are intellectual measurements.

Brahaman means infiniteness. Infiniteness is ananda.  Any finiteness is a
limitation, and causes duhkam. I am this much or I have this muc.   I donot
like the limitations and I tried to make all my attempts to solve that
problem by gaining this and this and this.  Infiniteness cannot be gained.
Finite + finite  + finite is still finite.  I am that infiniteness has to
be understood.  It is not gaining somthing or getting rid of something, but
being what I am.  That is why Moksha is praptasya pramptam, gainig what has
already been gained.  Just like finding the 10th man that the student is
searching.  What we are searching far we are searching with.

Brahman is nirguna in the sense he is not an object with qualities since
qualitites belong to only objects that are measurable by the intellect.

Why not sorrow.  Sorrow comes from limitation.  Since Brahman is
infinteness there cannot be any limitations.   Second, we compline when we
are sorrowful.  Nobody complaines when they are happy..  I do not complaine
that I have nose on my face since having a nose on my face is my  natural
state.  But I complain if I have a boil on my nose since that is not
natural.  I want to get rid of it.  Similarly sorrow.  People want to get
rid of it.  Longing for happyness is the natural desire.  Understanding
that I am that happyness that I am serching for is the true knowledge.
Then there is no more seeking - even seeking for Brahman! Because that
understanding is the same as the understanding that I am that Brahman that
I am seeking.

Hari Om!
Sadananda

K. Sadananda