The non-reality of nothingness

Greg Goode goode at DPW.COM
Fri Dec 5 12:55:47 CST 1997

At 12:31 PM 12/5/97 -0800, Jonathan Bricklin wrote:
>This would be true of both nothingness and eveythingness.  But, by itself,
>it does not substantiate either.   At any rate this passage can not be used
>to substantiate Nisgardatta's *experiential* nothingness.

Quick question -- what are you referring to, Nisgardatta's *experiential*
nothingness?  I'm under the impression that the ones who deify and reify
nothingness are his followers (who might be more familiar w/Nisargadatta
and perhaps Buddhism than with Hindu scripture and other teachers), but I
didn't think that Nisargadatta himself says that nothingness is an
experiential thing.

--Greg Goode