Osho and indulging desires

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rbalasub at ECN.PURDUE.EDU
Wed Aug 20 14:56:20 CDT 1997

Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

>doctrine of Advaita Vedanta that karma can never be gotten rid of through
>karma.  Renunciation is the only way.  The only debates you see here about
>_when_ and _what_ to renounce not _whether_ to.

Excellent point Jaldhar, Where does shrI sureshvara say this?

>If it's entertainment you want forget Shankaracharya and Rajneesh and turn
>on the TV.  Seinfeld is a good show and so is The Simpsons.

I agree. We have more in common than I thought, especially Seinfeld and
Simpsons :-).

Also, thanks for the other reply to me. It makes things more clear.

I forgot to mention. The vAmamArga people do not believe in unrestrained
indulgence, but rather in very selective indulgence under a very
qualified guru and is not at all similar to what Osho says. In fact such
an approach is severely criticized. But this approach is also not
acceptable to advaitins in general.

BTW, I won't be replying to posts for some time. I am currently
finishing up my thesis. I am almost done, but a wee bit more work and
slides need to be done. So to all the Osho aficionados, good bye for
_some_ time. I'll be back, as Arnie would say. Oh, and also happy
indulging :-).

Ramakrishnan.