Janaka and Jnana (long)

Venkat Puntambekar venkatp at SYNOPSYS.COM
Wed Apr 30 10:52:29 CDT 1997

Namaste to all: This is my first post to the list. I have been quite
active reading, but this in response to Giri's mail that he will not
be posting anymore to the list. He raises an important point. If some
members of the list have already made up thier mind as to who will be
enlightened and who will not be, then may I ask what is the point in
discussing matters of Vedanta. As someone pointed out, "who knows what
is right or what is wrong", this list is here so that we all have an
open mind to discuss and contemplate some of the excellent posts we see.

In fact I received an private email from another member of the list and
how he thought "what an inspiration are Giri's mails". Also Giri, it
takes all kinds of people to make this world. Why should people like
Govind and Me not have the privilege of reading your mails. You probably
do not realize how much srevice people like you do (there are few on
this list) for the benefit of folks like me. I request , please continue.

thanks and regards,
-vk