"practicing"

Harry Fleenor hfleenor at BEACHNET.GEN.CA.US
Wed Sep 18 23:27:41 CDT 1996

Chuck Hillig wrote,

>     There is no "living" or "pursuing" or "practicing."
>     There is only BE-ING.
>    You are not the "do-er of the doing" because, "you" are not really "here."
>    Only the SELF is present.
>                                               With Blessings,

Hello Chuck Hillig,

Your post is pithy and I feel its truth immediately. It's amazing to have
an email list transferred electronically that contains the pure gold
very uncontaminated.

However a word of caution. Although to a realized being such as Maharshi
Ramana there may seem to be not "living" or "pursuing" or "practicing" but
it is obvious that he automatically meditated for hours each day. Also he
read about and discussed Advaita, and he found it necessary to exercise
and eat regularly even though he was very detached from the body.

This can be seen by us as "living" and "practicing."

For many years I felt content just knowing I am not this body and my real
identity is universal pure existence, consciousness, bliss. This knowing
was gleaned from many years of meditating many hours each day using
self enquiry. I then felt I didn't need to meditate or "practice".
Having reached the other shore, why not throw away the boat.
However without this "living" or "pursuing" or "practicing" illusion
crept back into my life.

This idea of "living" or "pursuing" or "practicing" is valuable to hold
on to until you are a *realized being* at which time "living" or "pursuing"
or "practicing" will be a natural part of your life and you will not see it

as "living" or "pursuing" or "practicing".

We and all *Knowing* *Being* and *Joyously* reveling in the Advaita.

hfleenor at beachnet.gen.ca.us (Harry Fleenor)