Fwd: Experience

David G. Goggin goggin at HIWAAY.NET
Thu Sep 12 08:10:09 CDT 1996

Chelluri Nageswar Rao said:

>      I wokeup at the sound of the alarm, shut it off, went to the
>      bathroom and returned back to make the bed.  I am looking at the
>      clock and the time is 05:08.  Suddenly things started happening.
>      First all my senses were suspended and the mind came to a
>      standstill.  I am aware of my name and what is happening.  I said
>      name only because there is no body.  The body shrunk to a tiny
>      dot and the consciousness started expanding at a very rapid pace.
>      It has no shape, form or color.  First the entire room, then the
>      house, town, country, the whole earth and am everywhere without a
>      body. Me and what perceivedare same yet different.  Though it is
>      winter, the whole world looked like spring.  I felt that I am the
>      Tree with beautiful flowers,  the white clouds in the sky are me
>      and lonely bird, a white eagle is me flying freely.  I am all
>      these and they are all me, one and the same.  It is a wonderful
>      feeling.  I was in that state for quite a long long time.
>      Suddenly a sensation came over and I (consciousness) started
>      shrinking rapidly to a tiny dot, which eventually assumed my
>      shape, form and color.  My eyes are still open looking at the
>      clock - only one minute passed- it is now 05:09.  It looked as
>      though ages.  All my senses returned back and the mind assumed
>      its functions.

Dear Chelluri Nageswar Rao,

  I had a similar experience when I was a teeneager.  I knew beyond a
shadow of a doubt it was a "true" experience, or rather an experience
of the Truth, but I had no background to understand it.  It certainly
didn't fit within my conventional western religious education.

  I've spent the rest of my life trying to understand what happened in
it's fullness.  Each year I've been led to deeper understandings about
it.  It seems to me I was shown my goal, my destination, and have
since been slowly shown the steps necessary to travel there such that
I can eventually be there forever.

  I wouldn't dare try to explain it to you.  I would guess that divine
insight will reveal the full "explanation" of it to you in time.  Only
then will you feel the deep satisfaction of "knowing" the answer in
the way that you really want to know it.

  I will say that I've spent the last 30 years searching and
following the Truth of that experience.  If I had it to do all over,
the only thing I would change is that I would pursue it even more
fervently.

Wishing you all the best,
--
David Goggin
--goggin at hiwaay.net

PS:  I don't know much about many of the Indian religious customs and
religions, but find them fascinating.  Would you mind terribly telling
me a little more about the rituals you performed -- on or off the list
as you think is appropriate.  Thanks!