UNIVERSAL OUTLOOK

sadananda sada at ANVIL.NRL.NAVY.MIL
Tue Nov 26 07:58:05 CST 1996

Nagy wrote:

>Take for instance Satya Saibaba.  He can produce vibhudhi or anything u want.
> Why not sai stop the wars and hunger.  He sure has the power.  I think
>aslong as the saints are on earth they have a responsibility to mother earth.
>Why do you think they say in puranas that  Maharishi's performed Homas for
>Viswashanti  "world Peace".
>Another example.  In Mahabharat katha Lord Krishna tries to stop the war by
>mediation. Does he really have to mediate?  He can stop the war by blink of
>an eye.  Why he did not stop the war.

>I also like to ask my friend Sada to step in and give a response.>

Nagy you have answered your own question.  You say Krishna could have
stopped the war with a blink of his eye, but why did't he?  He tried like
all others as a peace missionary, but in vain.

Let us take your arguments further - Why war, he could have stopped all the
events that led to the war, so that the war would not have taken place.
Push it one more step - he could have stopped the whole mess of this
creation itself with a blink of his eyes, as you say, and there would not
have been this discussion even! -

The fundamental problem in this approach of thinking,  as is the case with
dwaita or vishishtaadvaita, is to put the Lord out there whom you are
questioning, why He did not do this or that!

First, if you have true faith and understanding of the Lord, as a true
Bhakta, true dwaiti or Vishishtaadwaiti - then there is no problem -
because He is the Lord and therefore not accountable to any one - if he has
to be accountable then he is no more the Lord!  It becomes His Leela or
play - Called Leelaa Vibhuuti in Vishishtaadvaitic terminology.  He being
the Lord, He knows the best what needs to be done and need not be done.  No
further questions.  End of the argument.

>From a pure advaitic aspect, the world is nothing but the projection of
your mind.  The whole drama of life is taking place in your consciousness -
the wars, the swamis - Satyasaayibabas,  Vibhuutiies, Krishnas - every
thing is the mental projection.  It is there, when the mind is awake and
not there when the mind folds as in deep sleep state.  No Krishna, no -
1600 wives, no Chinmayaanandaas no Sayibaaba, no Vibhuuti, no question of
celibacy or brahmacharya or gruhasta etc. in the deep sleep state.  That
which comes and goes is not real - Real is that which remains the same in
the three periods of time.  Funny, even the time and place eliminated.
Only thing left is you, who remain all "the time -" or beyond time and
place.   You are all alone by your self, as your self as total self.  When
the intellect is awake - projection of the world again.
You are projecting all this world including the behavior of the swamis and
now you ask me to explain why you are projecting that way!  So you should
answer this question - not me!
Advaita puts the responsibility back on your shoulder - since there is no
one else!

Someone asked Nisargadatta Majaraj - why does he not help to solve the
Indo-Pakistan war - His answer was to the effect - where is the war? -

The real war is in the mind not out there.  Sri Satya Sai Baaba is using
whatever that appeals to the intellect of his disciples to attract, but
once attracted, redirecting them to inquire within. - to end his hunger,
thirst and his war!  Educating the mind to go to higher is the greatest
service to the world and biggest relief to the mother earth.

Nagy, in my understanding, it is useless pursuit to inquire the motives or
make judgments about the others, swamis or non swamis.  It is a unnecessary
garbage for the mind.  Most important thing is to turn within and discover
the real truth.  In the final analysis nothing is there that really maters.
You would also say - where is the war or the world or burden for you to
stop or see or to relieve.

Krishna could have stopped the war - if there is a real  war out there!  He
is an eternal Brahman - one without the second. Where is the war?  Study
the
Vishwaruupa yoga.  -

War out there is the drama in the mind.  All dramas involve some tragic
scenes, to make it interesting! - Otherwise there is no fun to watch!
In the ninth chapter, Krishna says:
Maya tata midam sarvam jagadavyaktamuurthina|
mastaani sarva bhuutaani na chaham teshhvavasthitaH||

I pervade this entire universe in an unmanifested form.
In me all being are there, but I am not established in them - meaning their
ups and downs etc. do not belong to me.

You can also say I am the consciousness that pervades the entire universe.
all projections of the mind are in my consciousness (if not I can not be
conscious of these projections!)  But I have nothing to do with their
birth, growth, decay and death etc. or their glory.  _ It is like a space.
you can say I am the space that pervades everthing, all buildings and room
spaces are in me (includig the walls that seperate the rooms), but I am not
involved in their attibutes - bath room may be stinky, the kitchen with
another smell, each room has its own attributes.  But none of them affect
me the space that pervade every thing.  I am immaculately ever pure. Even
the stinky or perfume smells are in me! but I am not in them!  - In fact
Krishna uses the space example in the 13th chapter to illustrate a point.

Hari Om!
Sadananda

K. Sadananda
Code 6323