Three schools of thought

Wed Nov 20 13:47:39 CST 1996

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Vidyasankar Sundaresan wrote:

> In this connection, we come back to the question of how we know what we
> know. How do we know that a text titled upanishad is indeed Sruti?

True, this is a matter of speculation.  I regard as as undoubtably genuine
the upanishads which are clearly associated with a Vedic shakha (Such as
Mahanarayanopanishad) and/or known to Shankaracharya and authors
contemporaneous or previous to him.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas [jaldhar at braincells.com]   And the men .-_|\ who hold
Consolidated Braincells Inc.                          /     \