Advaita 1001

Thu Nov 14 20:58:33 CST 1996

> From: Gummuluru Murthy <gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADVAITA-L <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
> Subject: Re: Advaita 1001
> Date: Thursday, November 14, 1996 8:03 AM
>
> Are we mistaking something here ?
> I do not think there is any moksha concept in Advaita.  Either
> you are a jnani or covered by avidya.
> Am I wrong ? I would be grateful for clarification.

No Moksha concept in Advaita!  How can anyone who has studied the subject
for even one day say such a thing.  Moksha, freedom from the cycle of birth
and rebirth is the whole point of Vedanta.  Jnana, the knowledge of the
identity of the atma and Brahman is not just some meaningless factoid like
the shoe size of the 17th president of the US.  It is the cause of Moksha.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas [jaldhar at braincells.com]  I will choose.-_|\ free will
Consolidated Braincells Inc.                          /     \