What is Real? egodust

Ian Goddard igoddard at EROLS.COM
Fri Jun 28 21:59:34 CDT 1996

  At 04:22 AM 6/22/96 GMT, egodust wrote:

  > Once the goal is reached, the method can be discarded.
  > When an artist finishes his painting, the brush isn't
  > pasted on the canvas!

IAN: But that might be a neat painting. Seriously. |^)

I just wanted to add another analogy that just occurred to me:

A driver uses the diving board to jump into the water. The quality
of the board may effect the quality of the dive. But once the diver
is in the water, the board is a mute issue. Imagine the diver trying
to dive in with board in hand. The paradox is, if he doesn't let go,
he can't dive in, it's impossible. Likewise, if we don't let go of
the words / thoughts, we can't dive into lake samadhi.

I guess my only observation would be that "out" of the Self is in
the Self, as nothing is external to the Self. But diving can be
fun, so long as we remember to let gooooo....  splash

 yups, that was a word... D'oh !

Law of Identity: A is A, relative to not-A. A = {A, ~A}

Law of Nonidentity: If there is 100% A, there is 0% A. A = ~A

absolute reality: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/reality.html