What is Real? Everything

Ian Goddard igoddard at EROLS.COM
Wed Jun 26 22:46:10 CDT 1996

  At 08:44 PM 6/23/96 GMT, egodust wrote:

  > Samadhi is the annihilation (temporary or permanent) of the
  > ego-Mind.  This, by definition, includes all relative values.

IAN: If we say that state X is absolute and contains no relative attributes,
we've just identified attributes that are unique to X, and that define X as
" X ". As this unique identity of X is unique only * relative * to all
those states that do posses relative attributes, state X is relative.
In this way, the absolute (A) is shown to be relative (~A)
and relativity per se, is show to be absolute;
ergo, A = ~A.

  > Based on what I've discovered, as well as what the sastras
  > overwhelmingly confirm: there is no room for compromise in this.
  > This indicates that ALL concepts and precepts are incapable of
  > [isolated] assertion, including ideas of logic, truth, love,
  > goodness, satva or even samadhi or moksha.  These are all
  > relative values.  Like waves on the ocean or jewelry made of
  > gold, they are polarized concepts unique to the power structure
  > of the phenomenal world.

IAN: There is no data contrary to the Self, thus no quantity
of data represents a departure from the self. Due to the
mechanics of relational identity, the arising of
thoughts is the nonarising of thoughts,
precisely because each concept A is
"A" only relative to a polar -A,
ergo A = A + -A = 0.

Why draw a false division between the Self and the mind?
That assumed division is the only 'mind trap.'

  > Here's a sample from what the sastras tell us:  RIBHU GITA, ch43
  > v29, "The jnani is ... devoid of any thought of bondage or
  > freedom."

IAN: Exactly: if bondage is freedom, if A is ~A, there is no distinction.

  > And TRIPURA RAHASYA, ch18 v156, "The greatest of all
  > delusions is the conviction that knowledge is not a delusion.";

IAN: Knowledge is not other than the Self. If the experience that
the Self contains all things is a delusion, then I am a delusion.

  > IBID, ch22 v14, "There is no doubt that a man realizes the Self
  > only after purging himself of all thoughts."; IBID, ch14 v18,
  > "Samadhi is simply the absence of thoughts."

IAN: To know the nature of thoughts, one must know not-thought.
Knowing not-thought, one perceives that thought and
not-thought are not-two.

Not-thought is not-thought relative to thought, therefore
T is the origin of not-T and vice verse, thus the two
are not-two. Nothing is external to the Self.

  > ... where do the sastras support the
  > claim that the Absolute Reality upholds attributes (thoughts) of
  > any conceivable quality or import, be they thoughts of logic,
  > truth, freedom, or ANY other relative value?!)

IAN: When they observe that the two are not-two.
How about a little noduality here?!  |^)

  >                Nothing knowable shall remain;
  >                For, whatever does,
  >                Then and there
  >                Becomes our ball and chain.

IAN: The Self is never bound. The Self is ever free.
Why all this oppressive and fearful ideation?

Law of Identity: A is A, relative to not-A. A = {A, ~A}

Law of Nonidentity: If there is 100% A, there is 0% A. A = ~A

absolute reality: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/reality.html