What is " false " ?

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Thu Jul 18 16:30:12 CDT 1996

> At 05:35 PM 7/18/96 GMT, egodust wrote:
>
>  >> IAN: Hmmm. How do we define "false" ? That which does not conform
>  >> to physical fact, or observed reality (?).
>  >>
>  >> Exactly what is the crystalized Advaita measure of the "false" ?
>  >>
>  >
>  > Anything 'asserted' as being true, without considering its integral
>  > 'denial' counterpart is mayavic.
>
> IAN: That is it. Yes! You've hit the nail on the head. Sweet.
>
> What this means is that nothing is false -- for everything contains by
> its relational identity its complement -- except those * thoughts *
> which *assume* a separation of A and not-A. And yet an analysis of
> those thoughts reveal that even they contain their complement
> by the relation from which they are derived. Thus there is
> no deviation from the true unified identity. As there is
> thus 100% "true identity," there is 0% "true identity"
> which means the true identity, the Self, is without
> location or specific identity, and cannot be grasped.

By Job, we've got it!

Now, the illusion comes into the picture whenever the blunder "...--except
those thoughts which *assume* a separation of A and not-A" happens; even of
which a further "...analysis of those thoughts..." [are really only Brahman].

Yes.  The ILLUSION of following thoughts in their isolated/separative form--
which 'isolation' is itself illusory--is what *feigns* falsehood.  Yet, upon
deeper analysis, this illusion is yet only Brahman itself.  Sankara's formula
is impeccable.

mazeltov!