thought free state

Giri gmadras at ENGR.UCDAVIS.EDU
Sat Jul 13 17:15:09 CDT 1996

Namaste. Please refer to page 352 of Talks with Ramana, third edition.

'The bliss of peace is too good to be disturbed. A man fast asleep hates to
be awakened and ordered to mind his business. The bliss of sleep is too
enthralling to be sacrificed to the work born out of thoughts. The
thought-free state is one's primal state and full of bliss. Is it not
miserable to leave such a state for the thought ridden and unhappy one ?
        If one wants to abide in the thought-free state, a struggle is
inevitable. One must fight one's way through before regaining one's primal
state. If one succeeds in the fight and reaches the goal, the enemy, namely
the thoughts, will all subside in the Self and disappear entirely. The
thoughts are the enemy. They amount to the creation of the universe. In
their absence there is neither the world or God or creator. The bliss of the
Self is the single Being only.'

dhanyavaad

>From  Sun Jul 14 00:13:36 1996
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 1996 00:13:36 GMT
To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ken Stuart <kstuart at MAIL.TELIS.ORG>
Subject: Citing Books ( was Re: Thought-free state)
Comments: To: Multiple recipients of list ADVAITA-L <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

Hello,

A request -

When citing books ( such as "Talks with Ramana Maharshi" ) please note =
any
other position indications besides page numbers, since different editions=
 have
different page numberings.

For example, Talks with RM has section numbers and conversation dates.   =
Other
books have chapter numbers.

If the book has none of these, then give the total number of pages (for
example, "page 325 of 788 total" - which then allows one to calculate =
that it
is 41% of the way through the book, so since my edition has 615 pages, it
should be at or near page 254).

ALSO, I already have several RM quotes on the thought-free state, so no =
more
are needed.

Thanks,

Ken                       <*>