Who am I ?

sadananda sada at ANVIL.NRL.NAVY.MIL
Thu Jul 11 10:33:02 CDT 1996

Suresh wrote:
>"no self centered desires" in your quote above would include "no desire for
>salvation" since desire for salvation is a kind of self-centered desire.
Again disagree:
So is salvation . Mumukshutvam, what you call desire for salvation is the
essential requirement for a sadhak  The burning desire to find out who am I
is the mumukshamtawam too.  No difference.

Jiddu
>Krishnamurthy says that truth is not a reward. I see no contradiction.

That is true. This statement valid from gyani's state and not from agyani's
state. when I am the truth, there is no question of reward or even a path.
path is for purification to see the truth as the truth. Even krishnamurthy
advovates observation of the mind by who? by the mind? a conditioned mind
observing the condition state?  only problem with that approach is unless
one has certain degree of detachment to observe one cannot observe. pretty
soon without knowling the observer gets lost in the observed.

 By
> surrender
>I did not mean letting go of all actions. Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita
>that inaction is impossible for the mind.
>Namaskar,
>Suresh.

Surrender is does not mean letting go of any action.  only surrendering in
the initial stages the fruits of the action and ultimately the agency of
action - this requires some gyanam - catch 22 situation.  but once one
starts somewhere the ball gets rolling till the surrender of doership and
enjoyership - essentially the ego takes place.  Hence it is not letting go
any actions it is only letting go the agency of the action.
Nice discussing with you.  By now.

Hari Om!
sadananda

K. Sadananda