What's 'egodust'?

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Wed Jul 10 14:36:03 CDT 1996

I am not "I."  Since, after 30+ years of hunting down the ego, I found
out that it couldn't possibly exist.  Superficially, this isn't only
a contradiction, neither does it make any sense at all; yet, it's the
most reliable fact I know.  In fact, I could say that it's ALL I know!
Because everything else "knowable" is only a ruse for an arbitrary
relationing between a temporal self and an imagined not-self, both of
which comprise the sophisticated world of maya.

It's a matter of getting rid of the hypnotic attachment to dehatma
buddhi [I am-the-body idea], which includes namarupa [name and form].

*****

regarding rupa:

In the words of Sri Nisargadatta (from I AM THAT):

Questioner: I can imagine myself to be beyond. But what proof have I?
To be, I must be somebody.

Maharaj: It is the other way round. To be, you must be nobody. To think
yourself to be something or somebody is death and hell.

*****

regarding namah:

In the words of my guru, the Sage of Arunachala:

A sannyasin, requested Bhagavan to add His name to a petition for raising
monies for a charity.  Whereupon Sri Bhagavan asks:

B: "What name shall I write?"

S: "Bhagavan Sri RM."

B: "You say so; however, I have no name."

(Note: Before I even heard this, I took a vow to never say or write
Bhagavan's 'name'.  It's also noteworthy that, in His departure note
[when He left home] there was no signature and He only referred to
Himself--in 2 places--as 'This'.)

*****

Truly, Sri Bhagavan was found sitting crosslegged in my Heart *all along*
and was seen--whence beyond spacetime!--to have devoured whole the
ahamkara to the point that it was found to have NEVER existed.  In this
way, Arunachala-Siva IS the Heart of *everyone*.  We are *ALREADY* That.

Namaskaar.