Ramakrishna

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Tue Jul 2 17:50:14 CDT 1996

Ramakrishnan wrote:

>Anyone living in thiruvaNNaamalai gets salvation according to the skanda. "Such
>is the order of Shiva" - by ramaNa. The point is that only people whose
>prarabdha allows staying in thiruvaNNaamalai get to stay there. Try however you
>may, you won't be able to do it unless your prarabdha allows it. Same goes for
>dying in Benares. ramaNa has said that whether one believes it or not living in
>thiruvaNNaamalai grants realization.

Sri Bhagavan has gone so far as to say that, in fact, anyone who so much as
visits or even looks in the direction of or, better yet, even THINKS about
Tiruvannamalai, will be liberated!

I believe that statements like this are designed to short circuit our linear
reasoning habit.

********

It might be interesting to point out that not all jnanis seem to possess the
same caliber/talent for teaching.  Bhagavan Sri RM was primier, as far as I
can tell, at reaching down into the subtlest recesses of human thought, and
effortlessly expose the innate fallacy and rank emptiness of its compulsive
dependence on relative judgments.  He makes it almost humorously clear how free
we *naturally* are, that all we need to do (as Dennis Waite just mentioned,
quoting Bhagavan) is "...clear out the furniture [of thoughts] from the room
[of the soul] to realize the space [Brahman] that is ALREADY there!"

Namaste.