GOD

Madhava Kumar Turumella madhava at EMIRATES.NET.AE
Thu Dec 12 08:50:21 CST 1996

At 08:14 PM 12/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>                                                 MATRENAMAH
>NAMASKARAMS!
>
>GOD IS WORSHIPPED IN "SAGUNA" OR "NIRGUNA" ASPECTS.   I KNOW SAGUNA FORM OF
>WORSHIP.   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE WHO CAN HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE NIRGUNA
>ASPECT.
NAGY

Hari Om!

Your question reminds me the same old question in uttarageeta :

slO ||  adRUSyE bhAvanA nAsti, dRUSyamEtadvinaSyati |
        avarNamasvaraM brahma kadhaM dhyAyaMti yOginaH ||
                                        --uttarageeta 1-32
(loose translation) That which can not be seen can not be meditated. What
ever is seen now will perish in time. How are the yogis meditating on the
prabrahman who is free of name and form!

>I UNDERSTAND THAT ACHARYAS PERFORM NIRGUNA WORSHIP.
>I CAN NOT
>CONCEIVE OR UNDERSTAND NIRGUNA CONCEPT AS I HAVE MY OWN LIMITATIONS.
>ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

>From what ever I read from your previous mails I understand that you are
on the path shown by the Acharyas. Then, I wonder why do you need to worry
about Nirguna worship.  Or your question is intended to invite some
discussion over worship?

I can suggest a way, to get an answer, which I feel is the best :

There lived a man who felt like you and had asked the same question to the
greatest teacher!

Refer Bhagawat Geeta Chapter 12 Sloka 1 - it is your question
Refer Bhagawat Geeta Chapter 12 Sloka 2 to 20 - is the answer to your question.

Sincere Regards
Madhava

Seer or not I walk alone...  http://members.tripod.com/~Madhava
Madhava Kumar Turumella