Everyone please read and respond !

Ravi r0m6887 at TAM2000.TAMU.EDU
Tue Aug 13 09:04:30 CDT 1996

<shrii Ken Stuart's request deleted to save bandwidth>

My respects to you all,

	I personally favor using  a proper transliteration scheme for
Sanskrit ( or any other Indian languages like Tamil).

	The irritation one gets by seeing capital letters in the
middle of the words is just another mental block. It would be nice if
the standard transliteration symbols are available as we have the
European display set like ã, ñ ß, á ä so on ( hope it
is visible on your terminal, with emacs you can easily use these
symbols).

	I recently bought a book on lalita sahasranaamam, I was glad
to see that they had used the phonetic alphabets even in the middle of
English text. If you don't use them, how else will you distinguish
between rama and raama, I have seen many using rema to bring out this
difference which is incorrect anyway.

	in fact i think capital letters are unnecessary in
english. one can live without them. when i was writing like this to my
friend, he got so mad and asked me stop this weird business. again you
see it is do you repeated mental associations.

(in tripura rahasya, hemalekhaa will tell hemachuuDa that attraction
towards women arises due to repeated mental associations, from then on
I got attracted to the phrase "repeated mental association" and
repeatedly I am associating myself with it ;-)  )

--
ravi
AUM ,  AUM is indeed the three worlds, Gross, Subtle and Causal.